Who is the presidential candidate that wanted Prof. Clarita Carlos out as a panelist?
CLARITA CARLOS – The retired Political Science professor revealed that one of the candidates who didn’t attend the presidential debate of SMNI doesn’t want her to be one of the panelists.
It was on February 15, 2022, when SMNI, a media company owned by Pastor Apolo Quiboloy held a presidential debate at the Okada Manila Resort Hotel in Parañaque City.
Apparently, Vice President Leni Robredo, Sen. Panfilo Lacson, Sen. Manny Pacquiao, and Manila Mayor Isko Moreno did not attend the said debate.
Pacquiao declined the invitation because his conscience would not allow him to attend the debate. Lacson refused on the grounds that Quiboloy had already made public his support for the candidacy of Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and Sara Duterte. Robredo and Moreno have other activities scheduled.
Among those who attended the SMNI presidential debate were labor leader Leody de Guzman, former Defense Secretary Norberto Gonzales, former presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella, and former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.
One of the panelists at SMNI’s presidential debate is an educator and political analyst Clarita Carlos, who was praised and admired by netizens for her excellent and insightful opinions and questions to presidential contenders.
In a Facebook post, Carlos lamented about the candidate who apparently wanted her to be removed as one of the panelists in the presidential debate organized by Sonshine Media Network International, a media company owned by Pastor Apollo Quiboloy.
The said candidate allegedly said that he/she would only go to the debate if Carlos was not among the panelists.
According to her, the news came directly from SMNI.
Apparently, SMNI did not name the candidate whom they are referring to that doesn’t want Carlos to become one of the panelists.
What can you say about this report? Share your thoughts or insights in the comment section below.