President Duterte Concerned About Son Baste’s COVID-19 Infection — Palace

Must Read

DOH Open To Giving Booster Doses Once Vaccine Supply Stabilizes — Duque

The DOH was open to giving booster doses once vaccine supply stabilized, according to Duque.

Mike Hanopol Claims Manny Pacquiao Yet to Pay Him for Hebrew Songs he Made

Mike Hanopol: "San ang tulong na sinasabi mo di ka na naawa matanda na ako niloko...

Manny Pacquiao Gives Statement After Fight Vs. Yordenis Ugas

Message of Sen. Manny Pacquiao Following Defeat by Yordenis Ugas MANNY PACQUIAO -...

President Duterte was concerned about his son Baste’s COVID-19 infection.

On Thursday, Malacañang said that President Rodrigo Duterte was concerned about his son Davao City Vice Mayor Sebastian “Baste” Duterte after the latter had tested positive for COVID-19.

President Duterte was concerned about his son Baste's COVID-19 infection.
Photo source: Manila Bulletin

Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque said in his regular press briefing that the President was concerned about his son after the latter had tested positive for coronavirus disease.

Of course, the President is concerned, as a father.Bagama’t one thing for vice mayor is siya po ay bata at malusog. Talaga naman pong immune system ang lumalaban dito sa COVID-19,” Roque said.

However, Roque said that he’s uncertain if the President had met with his son after the positive COVID-19 test finding became known. President Duterte was in Davao City when news about his son’s diagnosis went out.

Roque’s statement came after Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio confirmed on Wednesday that Baste had tested positive for COVID-19.

READ ALSO: Davao City Vice Mayor Baste Duterte COVID-19 Test Result Revealed

In a radio interview, Roque said that it was uncertain if Baste was hit with the Delta COVID-19 variant.

Hindi po natin alam iyan. Pero, wala pa naman pong napapaulat na Delta variant na nakakarating po ng Davao,” Roque told DZRH.

Roque, meanwhile, said that he’s unsure if Baste’s condition will affect the first family’s attendance at President Duterte’s last State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 26. So far, only Mayor Sara had confirmed that she can’t make it to the said event.

According to Roque, he didn’t know if Deputy Speaker Paolo “Pulong” Duterte will be able to attend the said event and he understood that the number of members of Congress attending will be very limited.

What can you say about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

For more news and updates, you may feel free to visit this site more often. You may also visit Newspapers.ph via our official Facebook page and YouTube channel.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

DOH Open To Giving Booster Doses Once Vaccine Supply Stabilizes — Duque

The DOH was open to giving booster doses once vaccine supply stabilized, according to Duque.

Mike Hanopol Claims Manny Pacquiao Yet to Pay Him for Hebrew Songs he Made

Mike Hanopol: "San ang tulong na sinasabi mo di ka na naawa matanda na ako niloko mo pa ako."

Manny Pacquiao Gives Statement After Fight Vs. Yordenis Ugas

Message of Sen. Manny Pacquiao Following Defeat by Yordenis Ugas MANNY PACQUIAO - The Filipino boxing champ gave...

BLACKPINK Lisa Shares Poster Ahead of Solo Debut

BLACKPINK Lisa shared a poster ahead of her solo debut. BLACKPINK member Lisa was set to have her...

Paulo Avelino Reveals ‘Ipinakulam’ of an Angry Fan

Paulo Avelino: "Meron lang akong nadaanan before na pinapakulam daw ako." PAULO AVELINO - The actor revealed in...

More Articles Like This