President Duterte was not yet fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to Roque.
On Friday, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque clarified that President Rodrigo Duterte was not yet fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
According to Roque, Presidential Security Group (PSG) Commander Jesus Durante III was mistakenly informed by his medical staff that the second dose of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine was already administered to President Duterte. Roque also claimed that the PSG chief apologized for his pronouncements.
“General Durante was mistakenly informed by his medical staff that a second dose was already administered to the President. General Durante has admitted, apologized and rectified his earlier remarks. We hope this clarifies the matter,” Roque said in a statement.
Roque’s clarification came hours after Durante confirmed in a PTV-4 interview that President Duterte already received his second dose of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine.
Earlier, Durante said that President Duterte received his second dose 14 days after receiving his first dose on May 3.
Sinopharm had been issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) by the Philippine Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on June 7, or weeks after President Duterte received the first dose of the said vaccine.
However, Sinopharm was given compassionate use permit last February. A compassionate use permit allowed legal administration but the emergency use authorization guaranteed efficacy and safety.
Roque initially said that Durante had “personal knowledge of second shot” and that “it was given after the EUA was granted to Sinopharm”.
What can you say about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.