What Is “Taon” In English? (Answers)
TAON IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “taon” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Taon”?
“Taon” is a Tagalog term that refers to the time taken by the earth in order to make one revolution around the sun.
What is “Taon” in English?
“Taon” can be directly translated as “year”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Nagtapos si Ana sa isang mataas na paaralan noong nakaraang taon.
- Sinabi ni Ben kay Bea na halos dalawang taon na niya itong hindi nakikita.
- Ikinasal sina Leah at Marco limang taon na ang nakalilipas.
- Dumating sina Bob at Betty sa lungsod na ito noong sila ay 8 taong gulang.
- Pumunta si Danica sa probinsya noong nakaraang taon.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Ana graduated from high school last year.
- Ben told Bea that he hasn’t seen her in almost two years.
- Leah and Marco got married five years ago.
- Bob and Betty came to this city when they’re 8 years old.
- Danica went to the province last year.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.