What Is “Bet” In Tagalog? (Answers)
BET IN TAGALOG – This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “bet” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Bet”?
“Bet” is an English term that refers to risking something against someone else’s on the basis of the outcome of a future event.
What is “Bet” in Tagalog?
“Bet” can be directly translated as “pumusta“ or “tumaya“. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Ben will bet millions of money on Bob’s winning.
- Ana told Danica that she can put a bet on anything.
- Carlo and George bet on this horse.
- Bea and Betty were making bets about which one would be better.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Itataya ni Ben ang milyun-milyong pera sa pagkapanalo ni Bob.
- Sinabi ni Ana kay Danica na maaari siyang pumusta sa kahit anong bagay.
- Tumaya sina Carlo at George sa kabayong ito.
- Nagpupusta sina Bea at Betty kung alin ang mas maganda.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.