After sharing fake news against Rep. Sandro Marcos, Teddy Baguilat issued an apology
TEDDY BAGUILAT – The former Ifugao representative and Liberal Party Secretary-General apologized for sharing fake news against Ilocos Norte First District Representative Sandro Marcos.
It can be recalled that it was on November 26 when Baguilat went to social media wherein he shared a quote card regarding the alleged stand of the young congressman on the surging price of onion. The quote card was accompanied by a photo of Sandro and the logo of Sonshine Media Network International (SMNI), the broadcast media arm of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ led by the Filipino televangelist Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy.
In a tweet, Baguilat expressed his opinion on the alleged statement of the son of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. But the latter quickly denied releasing such a statement regarding the price of onion. He noted: “Disinformation pa more!”
SMNI, on the other hand, refuted the quote card. The broadcast media said they trace who was/were behind spreading the fake news. Meanwhile, Baguilat has apologized for sharing fake news against Sandro Marcos.
“Sorry I have to be more cautious sa fake news. I think the quote attributed to Cong Sandro that I commented is not true. I apologize. My Bad. For us who fight misinformation should take the lead in verifying info we shared. I haven’t. Sorry po,” he said.
Meanwhile, Baguilat is a politician, journalist, activist, and advocate of indigenous peoples’ rights and the rights of minority groups. He’s a member of both the Tuwali indigenous tribe in Ifugao and the Gaddang indigenous tribe of Nueva Vizcaya.
He is also the vice president for the internal affairs of the Liberal Party. He previously served as the congressman of the lone district of Ifugao (2016-2019).
What can you say about this report? Share your thoughts or insights in the comment section below. For more news and the latest updates, feel free to visit Newspapers.ph more often as well as our Facebook page and YouTube channel.