What Is “Lasing” In English? (Answers)
LASING IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “lasing” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Lasing”?
“Lasing” is a Tagalog term that refers to someone who is intoxicated with alcohol to the extent of losing control over normal functions.
What is “Lasing” in English?
“Lasing” can be directly translated as “drunk” or “intoxicated”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Lasing na lasing si Mark para bumalik sa bahay niya.
- Sinabihan ni Betty si Ben na huwag sumakay sa sasakyan kasama ang lasing na taong nagmamaneho nito.
- Hindi maimaneho ni Angelo ang kanyang sasakyan pauwi dahil lasing na siya.
- Lasing na si Bea matapos inumin ang huling bote ng beer.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Mark was too drunk to go back to his house.
- Betty told Ben not to ride in a car with a drunk driver.
- Angelo couldn’t drive his car home since he’s very drunk.
- Bea is already drunk after drinking the last bottle of beer.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.