What Is “Patimpalak” In English? (Answers)
PATIMPALAK IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “patimpalak” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Patimpalak”?
“Patimpalak” is a Tagalog term that refers to an event in which people compete for supremacy in an activity, a sport, or a particular quality.
What is “Patimpalak” in English?
“Patimpalak” can be directly translated as “contest”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Si Angela ay isang hurado sa isang patimpalak sa sining.
- Balak ni Carla na sumali sa isang patimpalak sa pagpapaganda.
- Na-disqualify sina Mark at Carlo mula sa pagsali sa patimpalak.
- Sina Bea at Betty ay gustong sumali sa patimpalak.
- Nanalo si Danny sa patimpalak noong nakaraang taon.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Angela was a judge in an art contest.
- Carla intends to participate in a beauty contest.
- Mark and Carlo were disqualified from taking part in the contest.
- Bea and Betty would like to take part in the contest.
- Danny won the contest last year.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.