Senator Bato has returned home “just this morning.”
After battling COVID-19, Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa has been discharged from the hospital on Friday, December 4.
In an interview, the 58-year-old former Philippine National Police chief told the media that he has returned home “just this morning” after being confined in a hospital since November 23.
It was on Thursday when his staff said that although his condition is already “improving,” he was admitted to the hospital so that he could be monitored amid having fever, cough, and colds.
However, he is yet to release a statement whether his discharge from the hospital also meant that he’s now negative for the coronavirus.
Last month, Sen. Bato alongside his daughter, driver, and house helper tested positive for COVID-19.
Senator Bato Dela Rosa was the 5th senator who was infected with COVID-19 following senators; Juan Miguel Zubiri, Sonny Angara, Koko Pimentel, and Bong Revilla.
COVID-19 is characterized by flu-like symptoms such as fever, difficulty in breathing, cough, and other respiratory problems but a patient may also be positive for the disease even without showing any signs.
With the rapid increase of coronavirus disease 2019 cases, leaders of different nations are doing their all in order to combat the spread of the deadly virus which started in Wuhan, China in 2019.
Among the safety protocols that everyone must observe are the following; social/physical distancing, wearing masks especially in public places, and using disinfectant from time to time if possible.
What can you say about this news? Share your thoughts or insights in the comment section below.
For more news and the latest updates, feel free to visit Newspapers.ph more often as well as our Facebook page and YouTube channel.