Concepcion, Iloilo mayor was eyeing for pressing charges against unauthorized entrants from Negros Occidental.
UNAUTHORIZED ENTRANTS — A mayor of Concepcion in Iloilo on Wednesday said that he was eyeing for pressing charges against seven persons from Negros Occidental.
This, as Concepcion, Iloilo Mayor Raul Banias said that these persons entered the town last July 28, 2020, without prior coordination with the town’s local government unit nor the provincial government of Iloilo.
In a Facebook post, Banias said that seven residents from Negros Occidental entered Iloilo through a Roll-On-Roll-Off (RORO) vessel at the Dumangas Town Port last July 28 at 2:30 in the morning.
The Concepcion Municipal Health Office was immediately informed by port authorities, who were then advised that those Negrense residents won’t be allowed to enter the town.
- Ministry Of Foreign Affairs In Malaysia To Summon PH Ambassador Due To Locsin’s Tweet
- John Regala, Veteran Actor, To Receive Assistance From Raffy Tulfo
- Pacquiao Trends On Twitter Following Senator’s Recent Statement
Banias told Daily Guardian in a phone interview that those persons were “not locally-stranded individuals (LSI)” but those persons were residents of Negros Occidental who have relatives in the town.
He added that those persons went to the said town just because they’re visiting their house that was currently under construction.
Since their extraction, those persons had been transferred to Concepcion’s isolation facility and were subject to swab testing via Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR).
Banias also said that the local police were currently investigating if there’s probable cause to press charges against them.
“We will study this, because if needed, we will file a case against them,” Banias said.
What can you say about this? Let us know in the comments below!