Catch A Cold Definition, Sentence Examples
CATCH A COLD MEANING – Find out what catch a cold really means. Example sentences of this idiomatic expression can also be found here.
The phrase “catch a cold” has been used to refer to more than simply physical disease. This idiom, which first appeared in Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales in the 14th century, refers to being exposed to something that can be harmful, such as a disease or bad luck.
This idiom essentially conveys the possibility of harm if one is not cautious when navigating their environment. These days, we generally use this phrase metaphorically; it frequently conveys a sense of being overtaken by circumstances beyond our control or a fear of bad luck.
Catch A Cold Meaning:
- encounter obstacles and problems.
- suffer a monetary loss.
- become ill with the flu.
READ ALSO: Bite The Bullet Meaning & Sentence Examples
Here are examples of sentences that use catch a cold:
- Bon attempted the offshore schooling venture, but after the first month, he catch a cold and has since made little progress.
- I catch a cold when I spilled my drink on my phone.
- I believe that my most recent run-in with burglars may have caused me to catch a cold.
- Catrina catch a cold after hearing about a sick cousin.
READ ALSO: In Due Course Meaning & Sentence Examples
Thanks for reading, I hope you learned something on this topic. Until the next topic only here at Newspapers.ph
Please like and follow/subscribe:
Newspapers YouTube Channel
Newspapers Facebook Page