Live And Breathe Definition, Sentence Examples
LIVE AND BREATHE MEANING – Find out what live and breathe really means. Example sentences of this idiomatic expression can also be found here.
This idiom is typically used to highlight the truth of a statement. This phrase has been in use since the middle of the 1600s.
In his 1756 drama The Apprentice, Arthur Murphy used the term, “Sometimes individuals just say, “I live” (2:1). People use it as an intensifier and utter it with a hint of surprise. They also use it when they encounter or witness something unexpected.
- I’m certain.
- I’m positive.
- of course.
- something that is really significant to a person.
- enthusiastically passionate about something.
READ ALSO: Last Laugh Meaning & Sentence Examples
Here are examples of sentences that use live and breathe:
- As I live and breathe, it’s Charlie Bennet!
- My daughter has lived and breathed her sport for fifteen years.
- He loved scouting and has lived and breathed it for many years.
- Nate lives and breathes music.
- I’ve never seen such a beautiful view as I live and breathe.
READ ALSO: Music To Ears Meaning & Sentence Examples
Thanks for reading, I hope you learned something on this topic. Until the next topic only here at Newspapers.ph