DSWD Secretary Erwin Tulfo said that 200K PWDs made income from DSWD’s cash-for-work program
ERWIN TULFO – The Secretary of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said that 200,000 PWDs (persons with disabilities) made income from DSWD’s cash-for-work program.
Tulfo said in an interview on Super Radyo dzBB that 200,000 PWDs had been paid under the DSWD’s cash-for-work program called “BUHAYnihan”. He explained that the goal of the said program was to help persons with disabilities, especially with their upkeep.
He was also asked if every PWD received the same amount. According to him the income depends on the number of work days.
READ ALSO: Jay Sonza Calls Erwin Tulfo “Mang Kanor”
Tulfo also said that the concept of cash-for-work program was from President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.
“Tama nga naman po siya kasi rather than nakaratay na lang yung pobre, lalo pong made-depressed po yang mga yan, parang wala na talaga silang silbi, at least this time, meron po silang aasahan na,” Tulfo said.
It was last December 3 when Tulfo said that the Department of Social Welfare and Development will include persons with disabilities in the agency’s cash-for-work program.
According to a report, Tulfo said that assistance for persons with disabilities is currently not in the budget of the Department of Social Welfare and Development for 2023.
However, he said that funds will be available from the department’s other programs such as the “KALAHI-CIDSS Kapit Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan” program and the “Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS)” program.
He also said that he’s set to appeal to Congress for the monthly compensation of persons with disabilities.