Erwin Tulfo: “4.4 (million) po ngayon ang nakikinabang sa 4Ps. Babawasan natin ng halos isang milyon, 3.4 million po ‘yan.”
ERWIN TULFO — The Social Welfare Secretary said that the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) will delist nearly one million “undeserving” 4Ps beneficiaries from the social assistance program as it undergoes review.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development has started reviewing the list of 4Ps (Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program) beneficiaries to identify Filipino families that are no longer eligible to receive assistance under the social assistance program.
On Monday, he told Teleradyo that families who have already met the self-sufficient stage or families without eligible household members will be delisted from the social assistance program and the vacated slots will be given to new 4Ps beneficiaries as many applicants are on the waiting list.
According to Tulfo, the program currently provides assistance to around 4.4 million 4Ps beneficiaries.
“So far, we’re doing good. Mga tao namin on the ground are doing that now. Marami-rami ho, wala pa akong exact figure pero initially, ang sabi sa akin halos isang milyon ang aalisin natin sa listahan,” he said. “4.4 (million) po ngayon ang nakikinabang sa 4Ps. Babawasan natin ng halos isang milyon, 3.4 million po ‘yan.”
Citing a DSWD survey which said around 15 million people in the Philippines are below the poverty line, Tulfo said that those on the waiting list will be included in the social assistance program once the list of “undeserving” 4Ps beneficiaries is trimmed down.
He also said that the review takes 3-4 weeks, which he said was being done in order to ensure that cash assistance goes to intended and deserving 4Ps beneficiaries and in compliance with President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s order.