Here’s the reaction of Jim Paredes on the absence of Bongbong Marcos in the Comelec hearing
JIM PAREDES – The legendary OPM singer took to social media wherein he reacted to the absence of former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. in the Comelec hearing on disqualification cases filed against him.
Marcos Jr. was supposed to appear in the Comelec hearing on Friday, January 7, 2022.
However, he failed to attend the said hearing because according to Attorney Hanna Barcena, his legal counsel, he’s not feeling well.
Barcena was given full authority to represent her client.
Commissioner Rowena Guanzon insisted that he still needs to be present even via video meeting or Zoom.
Attorney Vic Rodriguez, Marcos’ spokesperson, said the former senator has been placed under isolation following his exposure to two persons positive for coronavirus.
Later, Marcos’ physician presented and read a medical certificate. It is being noted in the certificate that the presidential aspirant was visited by his doctor prior to the hearing because of his “painfully congested throat.”
Meanwhile, OPM singer Jim Paredes reacted to Bongbong’s reason for his failure to attend the Comelec hearing.
According to him, he could not believe it at first.
“Sinabi talaga nila ‘yun?” he commented on singer Leah Navarro’s post.
After learning that it was true, Jim Paredes started to post on Twitter about “Bongicron variant” and “Zoomicron”.
“Zoomicron, a new variant was discovered this morning. :),” he tweeted.
The singer is referring to the Omicron variant, which is said to be the most transmissible coronavirus variant, so far, according to experts.
Paredes, is one of the ardent critics of the Marcos family.
Marcos camp has yet to issue any statement in response to the remarks of the OPM singer.
What can you say about this report? Share your thoughts or insights in the comment section below.