Mike Defensor confirmed that QMC will not be used as a venue for the Bongbong-Sara event.
MIKE DEFENSOR — The Anakalusugan party-list representative recently confirmed that the Liwasang Aurora at the Quezon Memorial Circle (QMC) will not be used as a venue for the event of former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte on December 8.
In an online press conference last December 1, Defensor said that the Bongbong-Sara motorcade in the city will push through on December 8 but in a different venue.
Earlier, the Quezon City government sent a letter to Defensor’s Team Malayang QC party on November 30 for a meeting to discuss the health and safety measures before the team can use their chosen venue.
“This meeting is critical because we are still under Alert Level 2. This requires us to avoid or mitigate the “3Cs”, namely crowding, close contact, and confined spaces,” the Quezon City government said in the letter at that time. “This is why we previously approved your event for the QCMC Gymnasium…with physical distancing, we can seat 3,000 people comfortably.”
Defensor, however, said that his team and the political party of Bongbong Marcos and Sara Duterte had agreed to withdraw their request even before they received the city’s invitation for a meeting.
Defensor said that they decided to hold the event in another venue on Commonwealth Avenue or Quezon Boulevard, which will require coordination with the MMDA (Metropolitan Manila Development Authority).
Last November 26, the Team Malayang QC sent a request for the use of the Quezon Memorial Circle venue for the event, but they claimed that it was declined thrice by the local government.