Imee Marcos on Bongbong-Sara Senate slate: “Marami kasing nagpapakamatay sumali”
IMEE MARCOS — The incumbent senator said that the senatorial slate of former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte was already full and will be out soon.
According to the senator, there were at least nine names of senatorial candidates when she first saw the list but some have later defected to the Marcos-Duterte tandem.
She also claimed that many political candidates were dying to be part of the tandem’s slate.
“Nung last kong kausap marami kasing nagpapakamatay sumali so nag-iwan ng puwang,” Imee said in an interview in Ilocos Norte on Tuesday. “Ngayon mukhang buo na pero ire-release nila sa lalong madaling panahon. Wala pa akong permisong mag tsismis eh.”
Only former Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque has been named part of the Marcos-Duterte senatorial slate for the 2022 elections so far.
in a letter sent to the Partido Federal ng Pilipinas (PFP) chairman last November 25, Roque expressed his desire to accept the adoption of the party as a guest candidate for senator in the 2022 elections.
Bongbong belongs to Partido Federal ng Pilipinas (PFP), while Mayor Sara currently chaired Lakas–Christian Muslim Democrats (Lakas-CMD).
Recently, the political groups have forged an alliance with Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HNP) and Pwersa ng Masang Pilipino (PMP) being headed by former President Joseph Estrada.
The BBM-Sara Uniteam, an alliance among four political parties, was fielding a Bongbong-Sara tandem.
“Unity will make our country strong and stable,” Bongbong Marcos said. “Let us not allow ourselves to remain divided by partisan politics before, during the campaign, and after we have already installed new leaders in our government.”