3-Year-Old Girl Dies After Choking on Candy

Choking on candy

A 3-year-old girl passed away after choking on a jelly candy in Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija.

choking on candy
Credit to the rightful owner of the photos

Recently, Neth Pineda Parungao, the mother of Amara, went to the social networking site, Facebook wherein she posted a photo of her daughter and the jelly candy that took her life.

Her post was then flooded with messages from netizens expressing their condolences to the bereaved family.

Unfortunately, she did not divulge further details which led to the death of her 3-year-old daughter.


Meanwhile, choking is a blockage of the upper airway by food or other objects, which prevents a person from breathing effectively.

When a choking incident happens, the basic treatment is by performing “Abdominal Thrusts.”

The first step is to stand behind the person who’s choking. Then, place your arms around their waist and bend them forward.

After that, clench 1 fist and place it right above their belly button.

Next, put the other hand on top of your fist and pull sharply inwards and upwards. Repeat this movement up to 5 times.

On the other hand, when a 3-year-old or toddler experiences choking, all you need to do is kneel behind and at shoulder level with the child.

Then, place one fist slightly above the belly button and below the breastbone with the thumb side next to the abdomen and grasp your fist with your other hand and give quick upward thrusts into the belly.

Among the causes of choking are the following; eating too fast, not chewing food well, or eating with dentures that do not fit well.

It is also not advisable to drink water after experiencing choking.

What can you say about this article? Share your thoughts or insights in the comment section below.

For more news and the latest updates, feel free to visit Newspapers.ph more often as well as our Facebook page and YouTube channel.

Leave a Comment