Disaster response teams had been activated and deployed in different provinces, according to Nolcom.
Nolcom (Northern Luzon Command) on Wednesday said that a total of 249 disaster response teams had been activated and deployed in different provinces.
This, as the activation and deployment of disaster response teams were part of the preparations for Tropical Storm “Siony”.
Nolcom chief Major General Arnulfo Burgos Jr. said that the teams were currently strategically deployed across Cagayan Valley, Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, and Central Luzon and also in various maritime areas in the West Philippine Sea, the Philippine Rise in the Pacific Ocean, and Batanes Group of Islands as well.
“We are closely working with NGOs, one of which decided to preposition three truckloads of relief goods here in Camp Aquino before ‘Rolly’ struck, something which we are planning to replicate before ‘Siony’ arrives“, Burgos said in a press release.
READ ALSO: Ilocos Norte PDRRMRC Prepares For ‘Siony’
According to him, Nolcom had Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine units under its operational control, adding that they’re part of the government teams which were presently conducting rapid damage and needs assessment in the typhoon-hit areas.
Meanwhile, Burgos mentioned that almost 1,000 families from Bulacan and Bataan had received relief goods during the first wave of outreach programs last Monday.
He also said that they’re part of the more than 50,000 families from Central Luzon who were reported to have evacuated amidst the onslaught of Super Typhoon “Rolly”.
Burgos then reminded government troops to be vigilant against any possible offensive actions from members of the New People’s Army.
Previously, the Ilocos Norte Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management and Resiliency Council was preparing for the onslaught of tropical storm “Siony”.