What Is “Paksa” In English? (Answers)
PAKSA IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “paksa” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Paksa”?
“Paksa” is a Tagalog term that refers to a subject that is written about, studied, or discussed.
What is “Paksa” in English?
“Paksa” can be directly translated as “topic”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Hindi alam ni Carl ang pangunahing paksa ng kuwentong iyon.
- Sinabihan ni Ella si Patrick na huwag ibahin ang kanilang paksa.
- Pinag-usapan nina Ben at Bob ang tungkol sa kanilang napiling mga paksa.
- Sinabi ni Leah kay Mark ang tungkol sa paksang pinili niyang talakayin.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Carl doesn’t know about the main topic of that story.
- Ella told Patrick not to change their topic.
- Ben and Bob discussed about their chosen topics.
- Leah told Mark about the topic she chose to discuss.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.