Run For Cover Definition, Sentence Examples
RUN FOR COVER MEANING – Find out what run for cover really means. Example sentences of this idiomatic expression can also be found here.
Although the phrase’s origin is unknown, it quickly became well-known after Nicholas Ray’s 1955 western film “Run for Cover” came out.
Afterward, the phrase appeared in the titles and lyrics of numerous successful songs.
Run For Cover Meaning:
- to look for safety
- sprint to a warm, dry location
- typically to escape severe weather
- In a combat zone, it’s also used to refer to leaving for a safe location.
- or any location that is under attack or bombing
- to try to protect yourself from a terrible circumstance or from criticism
READ ALSO: Boil The Ocean Meaning & Sentence Examples
Here are examples of sentences that use run for cover:
- I hate my father-in-law I am running for cover from him.
- My cat runs for cover if you shout at it a bit.
- James and Brandon ran for cover as soon as they heard the forecast of the hurricane on their way.
- Thomas runs for cover as he’s pranked by a creepy buffoon.
READ ALSO: Fit As A Fiddle Meaning & Sentence Examples
Thanks for reading, I hope you learned something on this topic. Until the next topic only here at Newspapers.ph
Please like and follow/subscribe:
Newspapers YouTube Channel
Newspapers Facebook Page