What Is “Fair” In Tagalog? (Answers)
FAIR IN TAGALOG – This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “fair” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Fair”?
“Fair” is an English term that refers to something that is free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice. It also refers to something that is reasonable, right, and just.
What is “Fair” in Tagalog?
“Fair” can be directly translated as “patas” or “makatarungan“. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Bob thinks life is not fair.
- Leah told Marco that they should play fair.
- George believes fair competition is necessary.
- Betty told Ben that it’s not fair to attribute her failure to her parents.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Iniisip ni Bob na hindi patas ang buhay.
- Sinabi ni Leah kay Marco na dapat silang maglaro nang patas.
- Naniniwala si George na kailangan ang patas na kompetisyon.
- Sinabi ni Betty kay Ben na hindi makatarungan na iugnay ang kanyang pagkabigo sa kanyang mga magulang.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.