The Other Side Of The Coin Definition, Sentence Examples
THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN MEANING – Find out what the other side of the coin really means. Example sentences of this idiomatic expression can also be found here.
The idiom “the other side of the coin” has been in use for about 500 years. In the past, military personnel would use the phrase “on the other side of the shield (or medal)” to indicate that something had two sides.
Remember that although being a single item, shields and medals often have two distinct sides. Famous early 20th-century author W. B. Yeats penned the phrase “are the other side of the half-penny” in a well-known letter from that era. These two expressions eventually evolved into “the other side of the coin.”
- the opposing perspective, opposing claims.
- to adopt a new perspective on an issue.
- One should consider a person, situation, or object from an alternative perspective.
- Usually, there are multiple perspectives on a scenario, narrative, or issue.
- can be interpreted both literally and figuratively.
Here are examples of sentences that use the other side of the coin:
- The other side of the coin is that fewer working hours will get you a lower income.
- You should consider the other side of the coin when a husband leaves his wife and not just blame him for walking out on her.
- We know that our basketball team has not been performing well. On the other side of the coin, we are improving with every game we play.
READ ALSO: Right As Rain Meaning & Sentence Examples
Thanks for reading, I hope you learned something on this topic. Until the next topic only here at Newspapers.ph