What Is “Selos” In English? (Answers)
SELOS IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “selos” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Selos”?
“Selos” is a Tagalog term that refers to the state or feeling of being jealous.
What is “Selos” in English?
“Selos” can be directly translated as “jealousy”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Iniisip ni Mark na ang selos ay karaniwang motibo sa paggawa ng krimen.
- Ang kagandahan ni Carla ay nagdudulot ng inggit at selos.
- Nilamon ng selos si Angelo.
- Nababalot ng selos ang paghatol ni Bea.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Mark thinks jealousy is a common motive for committing a crime.
- Carla’s beauty causes envy and jealousy.
- Angelo was devoured by jealousy.
- Bea’s judgment was clouded by jealousy.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.