What Is “Gamot” In English? (Answers)
GAMOT IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “gamot” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Gamot”?
“Gamot” is a Tagalog term that refers to any drug or remedy for use in treating, preventing, or alleviating the symptoms of disease or illness.
What is “Gamot” in English?
“Gamot” can be directly translated as “medicine”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Pinayuhan ni Leah si Mark na inumin ang gamot na iyon.
- Iniisip ni Carlo na nakakatulong ang gamot sa pag-alis ng pananakit ng kalamnan.
- Gustong malaman nina Ben at Bob kung paano gumagana ang gamot.
- Kailangang uminom ng gamot si Ella kada apat na oras.
- Iniisip ni George na ang ilang mga gamot ay may maraming side effect.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Leah advised Mark to take that medicine.
- Carlo thinks medicine helps relieve muscle pain.
- Ben and Bob wanted to find out how the medicine works.
- Ella has to take medicine every four hours.
- George thinks some medicines have a lot of side effects.
Thank you for visiting Newspapers.ph. You may express your reactions or thoughts in the comments section. Also, you may follow us on Facebook.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.