Break A Leg Definition, Sentence Examples
BREAK A LEG MEANING – Find out what break a leg really means. Example sentences of this idiomatic expression can also be found here.
Idioms are phrases that enable us to explain a precise circumstance in a unique, imaginative manner. They increase people’s comprehension of a language and exchange cultural and historical knowledge.
The idiom “break a leg” has its origin in the world of theater. The term was adopted because performers believed that saying “good luck” would actually bring them bad luck, so “break a leg” was used instead.
- best wishes
- good luck
- the very best
- to wish someone luck especially before a performance
- stroke of luck
READ ALSO: Beat The Air Meaning & Sentence Examples
Here are examples of sentences that use break a leg:
- I wish you good luck on the completion of your thesis. Break a leg!
- When the team went out for the final race, the school principal shouted out to them “break a leg!”
- You have an exam tomorrow? Break a leg!
- “Break a leg!” shouted the stage director to his actors before the beginning of the play.
READ ALSO: Willy-nilly Meaning & Sentence Examples
Thanks for reading, I hope you learned something on this topic. Until the next topic only here at Newspapers.ph