What Is “Bawal” In English? (Answers)
BAWAL IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “bawal” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Bawal”?
“Bawal” is a Tagalog term that refers to something that has been prohibited or something that is not allowed.
What is “Bawal” in English?
“Bawal” can be directly translated as “prohibited” or “not allowed”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Sinabi ni Ben kay Bea na bawal siyang pumasok sa lugar na ito.
- Mahigpit na ipinagbabawal ang pagkuha ng mga larawan sa lugar na ito.
- Bawal lumabas si Marco sa kwartong iyon.
- Sinabi ni Betty kay Bob na ipinagbabawal ang paglangoy sa ilog na ito.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Ben told Bea that she’s not allowed to enter this area.
- Taking pictures in this area is strictly prohibited.
- Marco is not allowed to go outside that room.
- Betty told Bob that swimming is prohibited in this river.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.