What Is “Allow” In Tagalog? (Answers)
ALLOW IN TAGALOG – This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “allow” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Allow”?
“Allow” is an English term that refers to giving someone permission to do something.
What is “Allow” in Tagalog?
“Allow” can be directly translated as “magpahintulot“ or “pumayag“. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Ben allows Bob to go home early.
- Cats and dogs are allowed in this hotel.
- Carlo thought Danica was allowed to eat sweets.
- Bea and Betty are allowed to leave the province.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Pinahintulutan ni Ben si Bob na umuwi nang maaga.
- Pinapayagan ang mga pusa at aso sa hotel na ito.
- Akala ni Carlo ay pinahintulutan si Danica na kumain ng matatamis na pagkain.
- Pinayagang umalis ng probinsya sina Bea at Betty.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.