HONOR will seek to compete and grab high-end smartphone market share from Apple, according to HONOR CEO.
HONOR CEO Zhao Ming recently shared that HONOR will seek to compete and grab high-end smartphone market share from Apple.
HONOR had recently launched its latest flagship lineup of smartphones with its Magic 3 series, which marked the company’s return to the premium segment of handsets.
Following the company’s launch event last Thursday, the brand’s CEO said that HONOR will seek to compete and to grab market share from Apple in the high-end smartphone market. During the press conference, Zhao said in a statement that the company managed to boost its market share in China from a historical low of 3% to 14.6% in just three months.
This, according to a report on Gizmochina, also allowed HONOR to become one of the leading smartphone brands in its home market during this time. To recall, Zhao Ming had previously stated that HONOR will compete with Apple, with its products rivaling or even surpassing Apple.
Zhao also believed that HONOR will be even able to grab market share from Apple in the high-end smartphone market.
Furthermore, the news also arrived as Huawei Technologies was witnessing a decline in the global market and Chinese market. This had also led to different Chinese vendors — including Xiaomi — launching their own high-end flagship handsets in order to take advantage of the void left behind by Huawei.
Notably, Zhao also said that it wasn’t simply pursuing after market share alone and aimed at investing in the market and its research and development in order to better compete in the global market as well.