His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Dead At 99

Must Read

Palace Gives Update On Duterte Meeting With Former Presidents On West PH Sea Issues

Malacañang gave an update about the proposed meeting of President Duterte with former Presidents on the...

Rabiya Mateo’s New Haircut? Netizens Have These Reactions

New haircut for Rabiya Mateo? Here's the reaction of netizens and beauty queens

VP Robredo Reminds Gov’t: COVAX Vaccine Rollout Rules Apply To All COVID-19 Vaccines

Vice President Robredo reminded the national government that COVAX vaccine rollout rules applied to all COVID-19...

His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, died at the age of 99.

Buckingham Palace on Friday announced that His Royal Highness Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, died at the age of 99.

Prince Philip
Photo source: CNN

Buckingham Palace said in a statement that it was with deep sorrow that Queen Elizabeth II announced the death of her beloved husband.

According to Buckingham Palace, Prince Philip “passed away peacefully” on Friday morning at Windsor Castle, adding that the British royal family joined with people around the world in mourning his loss.

Prince Philip’s death came after a period of poor health as Prince Philip spent a month in two London hospitals where he was treated for an infection and also underwent heart surgery, before being discharged last mid-March.

Buckingham Palace also announced in a statement that Prince Philip’s funeral will be held at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. In addition, Buckingham Palace said that Prince Philip wouldn’t have a state funeral and the funeral wouldn’t be proceeded by a lying-in-state.

READ ALSO: President Duterte Condoles With British Royal Family

The funeral arrangements have been revised in view of the prevailing circumstances arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and it is regretfully requested that members of the public do not attempt to attend or participate in any of the events that make up the funeral,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement.

Citing a royal source, CNN reported that more details on the funeral arrangements were expected to be confirmed by Buckingham Palace on Saturday, April 10 (UK time).

In light of coronavirus restrictions in the United Kingdom, the British royal family joined the British government in asking the public to not gather at the royal residences and to make a donation to a charity instead of leaving floral tributes in memory of Prince Philip.

Moreover, Buckingham Palace said that an online condolences book had been launched on the family’s official website for those who wished to leave their messages.

For more news and updates, you may feel free to visit this site more often. You may also visit Newspapers.ph via our official Facebook page and YouTube channel.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Palace Gives Update On Duterte Meeting With Former Presidents On West PH Sea Issues

Malacañang gave an update about the proposed meeting of President Duterte with former Presidents on the...

Rabiya Mateo’s New Haircut? Netizens Have These Reactions

New haircut for Rabiya Mateo? Here's the reaction of netizens and beauty queens Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Rabiya...

VP Robredo Reminds Gov’t: COVAX Vaccine Rollout Rules Apply To All COVID-19 Vaccines

Vice President Robredo reminded the national government that COVAX vaccine rollout rules applied to all COVID-19 vaccines. Vice...

Melissa Ricks Marries Non-Showbiz BF Michael Macatangay

Melissa Ricks is now married MELISSA RICKS - The actress tied the knot with her non-showbiz boyfriend Michael...

WHO Tells PH Gov’t To Follow Priority List When Using Vaccines From COVAX

WHO told the Philippine government to follow the priority list when using COVID-19 vaccines from COVAX. The World...

More Articles Like This