DOH released an advisory on COVID-19 swab test results requested via online FOI portal.
The Department of Health (DOH) on Tuesday released an advisory on COVID-19 swab test results requested via online FOI portal.
In an advisory that was posted on its official Facebook page, the Department of Health had been receiving a lot of requests for the release of COVID-19 swab test results via the online FOI portal.
The Department of Health informed the public that the COVID-19 swab test results may not be requested from and released via the FOI portal as this constituted a violation of Republic Act 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
In addition, the Department of Health said that the release and dissemination of the requested results was also prohibited because it contained personal information of patients not for public consumption.
For follow-ups about the results of the COVID-19 swab tests, the Department of Health said that the testing center — which conducted the COVID-19 swab testing — would be the appropriate office to address the said request.
As of 4:00 p.m. of October 26, 2020, the country’s coronavirus tally had climbed to 371,630 after the Department of Health announced 1,607 newly-recorded COVID-19 infections.
Of these, 36,333 were recorded as total active cases, 328,258 were recorded as total recoveries, and 7,039 were recorded as total deaths.