PCSO lost PHP 13 billion in earnings due to COVID-19, according to Royina Garma.
The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) on Saturday said that it had lost around PHP 13 billion in earnings amidst the implementation of community quarantine measures in the Philippines due to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
This, as Royina Garma, the general manager of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, said that about PHP 13 billion had been lost by the PCSO since the start of community quarantine measures in the country.
Garma also said that the agency had already written to the Office of the President regarding the resumption of lotto outlet operations in the country, adding that she was waiting for approval from the President.
The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office would implement health protocols — including social distancing and wearing of face masks — and will also require betting booths to have protection or screen between agents and bettors. Aside from this, Garma said that the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office had also proposed a digital system for betting.
Moreover, the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office also announced that the agency would conduct a special draw for its bettors who already purchased their tickets before the community quarantine as soon as the agency resumed its operations.
The gaming operation of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office had been suspended since March 2020 due to the threat of coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19.
What can you say about this? Let us know!