Details about the PCSO Medical Aid Coverage for Filipinos
PCSO MEDICAL AID COVERAGE – Here is a guide for the Filipinos who are seeking for a financial help due to a medical situation.
A medical situation can be one of the most financially-challenging situations aside from the fact that can also be emotionally devastating most especially when the diagnosis is really serious. Truth be told that there is a bigger populace of Filipinos who have little or no savings at all compared to the wealthy ones and dealing with medical situations for these people is extra tough.
Meanwhile, it is best to know that in times of emergencies, there are entities in the Philippines that you can turn to. One of these is the Philippine Charity and Sweepstakes Office or more popularly called PCSO. It is known as the lotto operator in the country but it also has a PCSO Medical Aid offer.
What is the PCSO Medical Aid coverage? Fortunately, the offer of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office comes with a wide coverage that includes bot in-patient and outpatient cases. Thus, more Filipinos can really benefit from the offer.
If you are wondering if your case or someone’s case is qualified to the offer, here is the PCSO Medical Aid coverage:
- Assistive Device including pulmonary apparatus, hearing aid, wheelchair, and prostheses such as arms and legs,
- Bone or cochlear implants
- Cardio Procedures like peripheral bypass surgery, pacemaker surgery, percutaneous coronary intervention, coronary angiograms, peripheral bypass surgery, congenital heart surgery, coronary artery bypass surgery
- Chemotherapy sessions both oral and intravenous
- Dialysis for patients undergoing hemodialysis and peritoneal
- Hospital Confinement for those confined in a healthcare facility or discharged with a Promissory Note
- Laboratory or Diagnostic Procedures
- Medical Devices like intravenous and post-operative medicines as well as pacemaker devices
- Non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures such as Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), laparoscopic surgery, and other minimally invasive/non-invasive procedures
- Radiotherapy Sessions for cancer patients receiving radiotherapy treatments
- Rehabilitative Therapy including speech, occupational, and physical therapies
- Surgical Supplies
- Transplant Procedures including liver and kidney transplants
The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office allots a part of its profits from the minor and major lotto games that it runs for the PCSO Medical Aid program. It aims to give back to the Filipino people as more and more bettors join the lotto games daily.
To avail the medical assistance offer of the lotto-operating bodey, there are PCSO Medical Aid requirements that you need to prepare and submit to it. The amount of the assistance may vary on a case-to-case basis.