Tourist from Bohol Dies After Being Stung by Box Jellyfish in Cebu

After being stung by box jellyfish, a tourist from Bohol dies

CEBU – A 32-year-old woman from Bohol tragically passed away after being stung by a box jellyfish while swimming at a public beach in Santa Fe, Bantayan Island on Sunday, June 25.

The victim was identified as Leslie Ann Madronero, a native of Valencia, Bohol. According to reports, Madronero was accompanied by her friends and colleagues, Marlon Magno, Ma. Cecilia Bazar, and Menard Paras.

They were swimming at the public beach around 2:00 PM in Barangay Pooc, Santa Fe. Madronero and Paras reportedly jumped from a ledge into the sea while their companions went straight to the beach to swim.

After about ten minutes, Madronero suddenly felt an itching sensation on her left arm and later had difficulty breathing. When they tried to bring her out of the water, her left arm reportedly turned red, believed to be a result of the jellyfish sting.

The victim was declared dead on arrival at the Bantayan District Hospital. The cause of death was identified as Cardiogenic Shock Secondary to Myocardial Infarction. The body of the victim will be transported to Bohol.

Meanwhile, jellyfish stings can be extremely dangerous, especially when caused by box jellyfish, which are known to have potent venom. These incidents serve as a reminder of the importance of taking precautions and being aware of potential dangers when swimming in open waters. It is essential for beachgoers to pay attention to warning signs, seek medical assistance immediately in case of a sting, and receive proper education about marine hazards to ensure their safety.

What can you say about this report? Share your thoughts or insights in the comment section below. For more news and the latest updates, feel free to visit more often as well as our Facebook page and YouTube channel.

Leave a Comment