What Is “Lend” In Tagalog? (Answers)
LEND IN TAGALOG – This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “lend” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several English words that don’t have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Lend”?
“Lend” is an English term that refers to granting the use of something to someone on the understanding that it shall be returned.
What is “Lend” in Tagalog?
“Lend” can be directly translated as “magpahiram”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Ella agrees to lend her bag to her friend.
- Patrick tells Danica that Carla wants to lend his book.
- George doesn’t want to lend his things to someone he doesn’t know.
- Leah told Mark not to lend his money to anyone.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Pumayag si Ella na ipahiram ang kanyang bag sa kanyang kaibigan.
- Sinabi ni Patrick kay Danica na gustong hiramin ni Carla ang kanyang libro.
- Ayaw ipahiram ni George ang kanyang mga gamit sa isang taong hindi niya kilala.
- Sinabihan ni Leah si Mark na huwag ipahiram ang kanyang pera sa kahit sino.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.