What Is “Hanapbuhay” In English? (Answers)
HANAPBUHAY IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “hanapbuhay” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Hanapbuhay”?
“Hanapbuhay” is a Tagalog term that refers to the work that someone does to earn money.
What is “Hanapbuhay” in English?
“Hanapbuhay” can be directly translated as “job”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Kasalukuyang naghahanap ng hanapbuhay si Patrick.
- Sinabi ni Leah kay Mark na wala pa siyang hanapbuhay sa ngayon.
- Nawalan ng hanapbuhay sina Ben at Bob.
- Gusto ni Ana na magkakaroon ng hanapbuhay.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Patrick is currently looking for a job.
- Leah tells Mark that she doesn’t have a job right now.
- Ben and Bob lost their jobs.
- Ana wants to have a job.
Thank you for visiting Newspapers.ph. You may express your reactions or thoughts in the comments section. Also, you may follow us on Facebook as well.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.