What Is “Joy” In Tagalog? (Answers)
JOY IN TAGALOG – This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “joy” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Joy”?
“Joy” is an English term that refers to a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.
What is “Joy” in Tagalog?
“Joy” can be directly translated as “saya”, “tuwa”, or “kagalakan”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Leah’s books have brought joy to millions of readers.
- Carl danced for joy when he found out that Ella is pregnant.
- Samantha’s joy in playing the guitar was obvious.
- Mark burst into tears of joy.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Nagdulot ng kagalakan sa milyun-milyong mambabasa ang mga aklat ni Leah.
- Sumayaw sa tuwa si Carl nang malaman niyang buntis si Ella.
- Kitang-kita ang saya ni Samantha sa pagtugtog ng gitara.
- Napaluha si Mark sa tuwa.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.