What Is “Utak” In English? (Answers)
UTAK IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “utak” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Utak”?
“Utak” is a Tagalog term that refers to the organ inside one’s head that controls the body’s activities and enables to think and to feel things such as heat and pain.
What is “Utak” in English?
“Utak” can be directly translated as “brain”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Na-diagnose na may tumor sa utak si Mark noong nakaraang buwan.
- Sinabi ni Bea kay Bob na mukhang hindi gumagana nang maayos ang kanyang utak.
- Sa tingin ni Angelo ay higit sa isang kilo ang bigat ng utak ng tao.
- Sinabi ni Betty kay Ben na dapat niyang gamitin ang kanyang utak sa proyektong ito.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Mark was diagnosed with a brain tumor last month.
- Bea told Bob that her brain doesn’t seem to be working well.
- Angelo thinks human brain weighs more than one kilogram.
- Betty told Ben that he should use his brain in this project.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.