What Is “Puso” In English? (Answers)
PUSO IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “puso” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Puso”?
“Puso” is a Tagalog term that refers to the organ in someone’s chest that pumps the blood around the body. It also refers to someone who is talking about their deep feelings and beliefs.
What is “Puso” in English?
“Puso” can be directly translated as “heart”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Namatay si Marco dahil sa atake sa puso.
- Biglang bumilis ang tibok ng puso ni Ana.
- Walang puso si Ben na sabihin kay Betty ang totoo.
- Si Danica ay may tattoo na puso sa kanang braso.
- Napuno ng kalungkutan ang puso ni Bob.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Marco died due to heart attack.
- Ana’s heart suddenly started to beat faster.
- Ben didn’t have the heart to tell Betty the truth.
- Danica had a heart tattooed on her right arm.
- Bob’s heart was filled with sorrow.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.