What Is “Unawa” In English? (Answers)
UNAWA IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “unawa” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Unawa”?
“Unawa” is a Tagalog term that refers to perceiving the significance, explanation, or cause of something.
What is “Unawa” in English?
“Unawa” can be directly translated as “understand”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Hindi maunawaan ni Leah ang sinasabi ni Mark.
- Nagkunwari si Danny na hindi niya nauunawaan ang gustong ipagawa sa kanya ni Donna.
- Sinabi ni Angela na akala niya ay nauunawaan ni Aaron ang iniatas sa kanya.
- Medyo nauunawaan naman ni Bobby ang problema ni Bea.
- Nagkakaunawaan sina Betty at Ben.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Leah couldn’t understand what Mark was saying.
- Danny pretended he didn’t understand what Donna wanted him to do.
- Angela said she thought Aaron understood what he was being asked to do.
- Bobby can understand Bea’s problem to some extent.
- Betty and Ben understand each other.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.