What Is “Hinog” In English? (Answers)
HINOG IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “hinog” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Hinog”?
“Hinog” is a Tagalog term that refers to a fruit or crop that is completely developed and ready to be collected or eaten.
What is “Hinog” in English?
“Hinog” can be directly translated as “ripe”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Hindi pa hinog ang mga mansanas na iyon.
- Ang mga pananim ay halos hinog na.
- Nahuhulog mula sa mga puno ang mga prutas kapag sila ay hinog na.
- Sinabi ni Ben kay Bob na dapat niyang kunin ang mga kamatis bago ito maging masyadong hinog.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Those apples aren’t ripe yet.
- The crops were just about ripe.
- Fruits fall from the trees when they are ripe.
- Ben told Bob that he should pick the tomatoes before they get too ripe.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.