What Is “Supper” In Tagalog? (Answers)
SUPPER IN TAGALOG – There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “supper” based on the context of the sentence.
What is “Supper”?
“Supper” is an English term that refers to an evening meal, typically a light or informal one.
What is “Supper” in Tagalog?
“Supper” can be directly translated as “hapunan”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Bob’s brother takes a bath before supper.
- Ana started to read the novel after she finished supper.
- The telephone rang while he was having supper.
- Angelo drank a lot of coffee after supper.
- Carla freshened herself up before supper.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Naliligo ang kapatid ni Bob bago maghapunan.
- Sinimulang basahin ni Ana ang nobela pagkatapos niyang maghapunan.
- Tumunog ang telepono habang siya ay naghahapunan.
- Nakainom ng maraming kape si Angelo pagkatapos ng hapunan.
- Inayos ni Carla ang kanyang sarili bago maghapunan.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.