What Is “Kakulangan” In English? (Answers)
KAKULANGAN IN ENGLISH – There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “kakulangan” based on the context of the sentence.
What is “Kakulangan”?
“Kakulangan” is a Tagalog term that refers to a lack of something or scarcity. It also refers to something a person needs can’t be found in a sufficient quantity.
What is “Kakulangan” in English?
“Kakulangan” can be directly translated as “deficiency”, “shortage”, or “lacking”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Dumaranas ng matinding kakulangan sa tubig ang lalawigan.
- Si Mark ay hindi nakapag-aral sa ibang bansa dahil sa kakulangan sa pera.
- Naghihirap si Ana mula sa isang kakulangan sa dugo.
- Hindi ipinagpatuloy ang nasabing proyekto dahil sa kakulangan ng pondo.
- Umalis si Angelo sa panahon ng kakulangan sa pagkain.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- The province is suffering from severe water shortages.
- Mark wasn’t able to study abroad due to a lack of money.
- Ana suffers from a blood deficiency.
- The said project was discontinued because of a lack of funds.
- Angelo left during a food shortage.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.