Pacquiao: “Sana mag-attend siya (BBM) dahil para hindi mapahiya ang mga supporters niya”
MANNY PACQUIAO – The presidential candidate and incumbent senator urged former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos to attend upcoming debates.
Pacquiao and BBM are among the top contenders in the May 9, 2022, presidential elections.
They will go against; Vice President Leni Robredo, Senator Ping Lacson and Manila Mayor Isko Moreno.
In an interview, Pacquiao said that he’s hoping to see BBM in the Comelec-sponsored debate on March 19 so that he and his supporters will not get “embarrassed.”
“Sana mag-attend siya (BBM) dahil para hindi mapahiya ang mga supporters niya,” he said.
According to Pacquiao, his supporters will earn the mockery of other supporters if ever he doesn’t attend the coming debate.
Marcos Jr. skipped the debates and presidential forums held by major media networks several times but attended the forum organized by Sonshine Media Network International (SMNI), a media company owned by Pastor Apollo Quiboloy.
Apparently, Pacquiao declined the invitation because his conscience would not allow him to attend the debate. Senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson refused on the grounds that Quiboloy had already made public his support for the candidacy of Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and Sara Duterte. Robredo and Moreno have other activities scheduled.
The camp of BBM has not yet responded to the remarks made by Pacquiao.
Meanwhile, the presidential candidates have been visiting across the country for campaigning.
What can you say about this report? Share your thoughts or insights in the comment section below.