Guide on “What Do Cats Eat” for Cat Owners
WHAT DO CATS EAT – Do you want to check on the foods that your cats are allowed to eat?
Aside from dogs, another type of animal that many people like as a pet is a cat. Many homes have at least one or two cats who are like members of the family.
Cat pets are usually treated as family members – their diet is carefully crafted and considered, they have their own toys, some of them are dressed, etc.
Are you one of those people who have cats at home? Or are you planning to get a kitten soon as a new member of the family?
What do cats eat? There are several human foods that cats can actually eat. They are carnivores – they are meat eaters and not into vegetables. Based on an article on WKBW, here is a list of some of the foods that cats can eat:
- Fish – Oily fishes like tuna and mackerel are healthy for cats as they help improve the cat’s brain, eyesight, and joints.
- Meat – Cats are into poutry, beef and other meat but avoid giving them these meats in high sodium as it can be toxic to them.
- Cheese – It is high in calcium and protein making it a healthy snack for cats.
- Bananas – This fruit is healthy for snacks but should not be given in high amounts because of its high sugar content.
- Berries – Strawberries and blueberries are among those foods in the “what do cats eat” list because of its high antioxidants and low sugar content.
- Rice – A little bit of rice may be good for your cat as it promotes a healthy digestive system.
- Oatmeal – The iron, fiber, and protein in oatmeal are all healthy for cats. It also helps ease a skin problem.
- Eggs – You can give cooked eggs to your cat but not raw eggs because they might be at risk for salmonella or E. coli.
READ ALSO: What Can Dogs Not Eat?