Malacañang Rejects Distributing Financial Aid In Case of Another ECQ
Malacañang Palace rejected another possibility of distributing ECQ financial assistance and claimed “Pwede pong maghanapbuhay ang lahat”.
On Monday (March 22, 2021), Palace spokesman Harry Roque rejected another cash assistance similar to the government’s help last year when the entire Philippines has been placed under enhanced community quarantine.
The Philippine government has placed Metro Manila and 4 surrounding provinces including the provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal under stricter COVID-19 policy due to the surging cases of the coronavirus infections.
However, the business operations are suspended while others are limited only. The new measure called “NCR Plus” will end on April 4, 2021. Roque also said that Filipino people could still work during this period.
“Pero in terms of iyong sinasabi mong ayuda na gaya ng binigay natin sa ECQ, dahil hindi naman po natin pinipigil magtrabaho ang ating mga kababayan eh hindi na po tayo dapat magbigay ng ganoong ayuda dahil puwede pong maghanapbuhay ang lahat,” Roque said.
Roque also explained that the local governments would also provide assistance to the residents in areas placed under localized and granular lockdown.
What can you say about this announcement? Just leave your comments and suggestions for this report.
You can also read: 71-Year-Old Grandma Returns Cash Aid Although She Had No Pension