WHO warned the public of a “new and dangerous phase” of COVID-19 pandemic.
The World Health Organization (WHO) on Friday warned the public of a “new and dangerous phase” of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
The said warning from the World Health Organization came as it emerged that COVID-19 was present in Italy last December, months before Italy’s first confirmed cases and at the same time as the coronavirus disease was first reported in China. In a report on GMA News Online, the coronavirus disease was already surging in the United States and parts of Asia, and even as Europe started to ease its restrictive measures.
Lockdowns were already implemented in different countries in order to contain the spread of coronavirus disease that had caused crippling economic damage, yet the World Health Organization said the COVID-19 pandemic “still posed a major threat”.
- Army Soldier In Sulu Tests Positive For Coronavirus Disease
- Apple Might Rename iOS To iPhoneOS, Says Leaksters
- FDA Philippines Reminds Public About The Use Of UK’s New Antiviral Drug
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the chief of the World Health Organization, said in a virtual press conference that the world was in a “new and dangerous phase. However, Tedros added that the coronavirus disease was still spreading fast.
As per the report, scientists were currently discovering more about the coronavirus disease, as well as its symptoms and the extent to which the coronavirus disease may have spread before being identified.
Previously, The World Health Organization (WHO) hailed dexamethasone as “a lifesaving scientific breakthrough” in treating patients with coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Tedros then congratulated the British government, the University of Oxford, as well as hospitals and patients in the UK who had contributed to the “lifesaving scientific breakthrough“.
What can you say about this? Let us know!