Sara Duterte on Nicolas Torre’s Relief: “Sometimes nandoon ka sa taas, and then 85 days later, nandoon ka sa baba”

Vice Pres. Sara Duterte Reacts To Former PNP Chief Nicolas Torre’s Relief from Post

SARA DUTERTE – The Vice President reacted to the relief of former Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Nicolas Torre III.

All four (4) Duterte siblings, Vice Pres. Sara Duterte, Davao City 1st District Congressman Paolo Duterte, acting Davao Mayor Baste Duterte, and Kitty Duterte, are currently in The Hague, Netherlands. They recently visited their father, former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte, inside the International Criminal Court detention facility together.

Duterte Family

According to Vice Pres. Duterte, what seemed to be a Duterte family reunion inside the ICC detention facility when all four (4) of them visited their dad, Rodrigo, was really a request of the former President. It was the first time since March that the former President was reunited with all his four (4) children.

Rodrigo Duterte

The elder Duterte was arrested in March after the Philippine authorities assisted the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol). He is currently faced with an accusation of crimes against humanity over the war on drugs of his administration.

There were individuals who were heavily-criticized for the arrest and the transfer of the custody of the former President to the ICC. Aside from Pres. Bongbong Marcos, then-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) chief Nicolas Torre III was also slammed over Duterte’s transfer of custody to the foreign court.

DILG on PNP Chief Nicolas Torre III, Bongbong Marcos

Following the unexpected turn of events last March 11, in several occasions, the Duterte family members have thrown tirades or chided Torre. His appointment to the PNP also did not sit well with then-Davao Mayor Baste Duterte.

Baste Duterte

According to Davao Mayor Baste Duterte, Nicolas Torre III’s promotion as chief PNP is allegedly based on favor and not merits. However, less than three (3) months since Marcos Jr. appointed him to lead the PNP, Torre was relieved from his post “effective immediately”.

Recently, Vice Pres. Sara Duterte was asked about the relief of Nicolas Torre III as PNP chief upon the order of Pres. Bongbong Marcos. Based on a report on GMA News, the Vice President claimed that she cannot say if it is karma or not.

Sara Duterte

“Hindi ko kasi masabi kung karma ba yun o hindi eh,” Duterte said.

According to the Vice President, only God can really say what is due for a person. Based on the report, she just referred to the recent turn of event as part of Torre’s “life’s journey”.

“Diyos lang naman kasi talaga ang makakapagsabi kung ano yung karapat-dapat para sa isang tao… Sometimes nandoon ka sa taas, and then 85 days later, nandoon ka sa baba,” the Vice President said.

Previously, acting Davao Mayor Baste Duterte was also asked about the relief of former PNP chief Nicolas Torre III from his post.

Leave a Comment