Sara Duterte Thanks Bongbong Marcos for Renewed Relationship w/ Dad Rodrigo

Vice Pres. Sara Duterte Now Has Father-Daughter Relationship w/ Former Pres. Rodrigo Duterte

SARA DUTERTE – The Vice President expressed her gratitude to Pres. Bongbong Marcos for her renewed relationship with her father, former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte.

Former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte is currently detained in the detention facility of the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands. The ICC released an arrest warrant against the former Philippine President over the accusations surrounding his administration’s war on drugs.

Rodrigo Roa Duterte

The legal team of former Pres. Duterte is led by British-Israeli Nicholas Kaufman. Duterte’s lead counsel believes their jurisdictional argument has the chance of stopping things from leading to the confirmation of charges which is set on September 23.

Duterte's Lead Counsel Nicholas Kaufman
Photo Courtesy of GMA News

Kaufman hopes to be able to convince the judges that ICC has no jurisdiction in the Philippines. The former President removed the country from being a participating party in 2019. However, the ICC previously stressed that there were allegations of crimes when PH was still under the Rome Statute.

The arrest of former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte earned Pres. Bongbong Marcos countless criticisms after the government acted on its implementation. Malacañang previously defended Marcos saying he did not betray anyone and the government just did its job.

Bongbong Marcos

Prior to the arrest of Duterte, Vice Pres. Sara Duterte has been throwing tirades against Marcos Jr. The former President has also repeatedly accused the Chief Executive of drug use. The timing of the unexpected events also sparked the speculations that it is political persecution which the President denied. According to him, the ICC issue of Duterte was already existing even before he came into the picture.

Rodrigo Duterte ICC

Recently, amid the detention of former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte in The Hague, Netherlands, Vice Pres. Sara Duterte expressed her gratitude to Pres. Bongbong Marcos for her renewed relationship with her father. Based on a report on GMA News, she stressed that her recent talk with FPRRD was her longest since the former President has always been busy in his duties to the people and the country.

“This really is ironic, but I have to thank Bongbong Marcos because there was forgiveness between me and [former President Duterte] for all that has happened in our lives,” Vice Pres. Sara Duterte said.

Sara Duterte
Photo Courtesy of GMA News

Based on the report, the Vice President is not allowed to speak with her father about legal matters inside the ICC detention facility, thus, they only talk about family matters. She also stressed that she feels blessed for the opportunity to have this time with her father although it has to happen this way.

“And now, I have this every day with him talking about life, talking about family. And for that, I feel like I am blessed… Sad lang that it has to happen inside the detention. There is a good side. But, yes, thank you [kay President Marcos],” the Vice President said.

Previously, Vice Pres. Duterte questioned the number of victims in the allegation against FPRRD. The ICC explained that even one killing can be considered a crime against humanity.

Leave a Comment