Duterte’s Lead Counsel Speaks on Harry Roque, Legal Team of Former PH President
HARRY ROQUE – British-Israeli lawyer Nicholas Kaufman confirmed that Harry Roque is not part of the final legal team of former Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte.
Former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte is currently detained in the Hague Penitentiary Institution. He is now under the custody of the International Criminal Court (ICC) following his arrest last March 11. Vice Pres. Sara Duterte immediately flew to The Hague following the arrest of her father.

Vice Pres. Sara Duterte previously said she will set the legal team of former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte before heading home to the Philippines. Former presidential spokesman Harry Roque sought for asylum in the Netherlands and claimed he will be part of Duterte’s ICC legal team.

However, following his pronouncement, Vice Pres. Sara Duterte expressed that Roque as well as former executive secretary Salvador Medialdea won’t be part of her father’s legal team. According to her, they want the lawyers that will compose the legal team of her father to really be focusing on the case of the former President.

Former presidential spokesman Harry Roque initially expressed obedience on the decision of Vice Pres. Sara Duterte saying that it is her “call” on who will be part of the legal team of the former President. However, recently, he also expressed his desire to be allowed to visit former Pres. Duterte saying that he will be the one to decide on his legal counsels.
It is already known to the public that the ICC legal team of former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte will be led by British-Israeli lawyer Nicholas Kaufman. Recently, Duterte’s lead counsel spoke on the final legal team of the former President as well as Harry Roque.

Based on a report on GMA News, lawyer Nicholas Kaufman announced that the members of the ICC legal team of former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte has been finalized. Former presidential spokesman Harry Roque is not part of the team.
According to Kaufman, Roque is applying for asylum in the Netherlands and “that would be wholly incompatible with employment at the Court”. Based on the report, the British-Israeli Lawyer said they will release the names of the members of the core team in public filing soon.
“We wish him all the best in his future endeavors,” Kaufman said on Roque.
Lawyer Nicholas Kaufman stressed that he “will fight for Mr. Duterte until the end”. Previously, Duterte’s lead counsel expressed his confidence on their jurisdictional argument.